Friday, February 13, 2009

First Post



Hello every body, if the is anyone reading this blog.

Today I'm posting about this blog, why I created it, and how I'm planing to organize it.

Something about me: I began thinking about play the cello because I was looking for a hobby, something that made me escape
 for the daily activities. After searching 
for hobbies I remembered "how about learning an instrument?". I don't remember very well why I thought of the cello, but anyway I thought about it.

The first thing I did was searching for information about beginning to play the cello. The information I got was: Go to the local luthier or music shop and try as many cellos as possible. Well that was a huge problem since there are many shop here in Porto, but none had even a single cello to try out. *eye rolling*

Anyway, eventually I went to a shop that told me that they had a cello in the store. When they show me the "cello", I told the lady of the store: "I don't know much about cellos, but that seems to a Double Bass (1/4
)!!". In fact, it was really a small Double Bass, labeled as a cello. I thought to myself: "Damn, that's some big ass cello! :P"

After a conversation they agreed to order a cello and have me try it out.

(Days later)
Went to the store and finally saw a cello (live) for the first time in my life. The cello is such a beautiful piece of art. One of the greatest things invented.

The cello was a Stagg .



As I knew nothing about cellos that seemed like a very good instrument, and I reeeeeaaallly wanted a cello so I bought it. It came with everything for a beginner to start playing.

The cello came with the bridge not yet put in place.









The guy working at the store put the bridge in place and I started to play, to feel if it was possible for me the play the cello. It worked out great. Except for the part that I played as good as the sound of shatered glass. :P

My next posts will be about the bridge (which was not correctly put in place, but that's another story), about where I began to search for resources and lessons (will share, promise!), the problems I encountered and how I solved them, and so on.

Thanks for reading, check back for more later or subscribe RSS Feed. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment